- All prices quoted are subject to the current VAT rate, with the exception of the planning fees to the council.
- All drawings are subject to structural calculations and building control approval.
- Party wall act may be required and is the responsibility of the homeowner, we can advise if required.
- Mileage will be charged over a 40 mile radius of MK44 3BY (45p per mile).
- Payment terms can be discussed during the initial visit. They are also available to view on our website and in the attached literature.
- Standard rate minimum charge is 1 hour.
- Payment is required within 10 working days of invoicing, delayed payment may incur additional charges.
Design hourly rate
- An estimate of time spent on your project will be given upon site visit and a formal estimate will also follow
- If it is likely this time estimate will be exceeded, we will give notice as early as possible.
- Initial visits are free of charge; however, a mileage charge may be incurred if travelling over 40 miles radius of MK44 3BY.
- Additional visits or more in-depth surveys are charged at our hourly rate.
- Additional charges such as the purchase of OS maps are charged for separately.
- Designs are sent electronically however if paper copies are required these can be provided on A3, larger scale drawings will incur a printing fee.
Design and Planning set fees
- The set fees are for householder applications only.
- The fee will be confirmed on the initial visit for standard packages, or via a formal quote if a full plans application is required.
- The set fee covers initial visit, basic house survey (to enable planning drawings) and drawings of the existing and proposal as discussed during the visit.
- Planning drawings are not to be used to build from.
- The client needs to approve the drawings before submission to the council in writing or via email.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check and approve drawings and application form at the time of submission.
- Any alterations to planning drawings once they have been approved by the client will be charged at the hourly rate.
- Alterations to the planning application form once submitted and approved will be charged at the hourly rate.
- Planning withdrawals and re submissions charged at our hourly rate.
- Once the drawings have been approved by the client, we will invoice for our work and the planning fee, only once this is paid we can submit the application to the council.
- Although we endeavour to communicate with the council as much as possible during the application process, we cannot guarantee that an application will be approved.
- In some cases the council may need reports for contamination or trees on the property, undertaken by a specialist. This would need to be paid for by the client. We can advise and quote for any required additional reports if required.
- Structural calculation and setting out drawings will be quoted for once planning approval is granted.
- Drainage will not be detailed on the building drawings unless a prior visit has been arranged with the builder to discuss preferred options.
- Binney and Sims Ltd do not take responsibility for unforeseen underground conditions such as wells and disused drains etc.
- We assume structural stability is suitable for the proposed works.
- We carry out non-intrusive surveys and unless a different construction method is apparent during the survey, we assume traditional construction methods have been used on the original building unless otherwise advised.
- The contractor is responsible for checking the site following receipt of building drawing, prior to work commencing, and should any amendments to the drawings be required they should be brought to our attention before work commences.