Terms and Conditions Design Work
Binney and Sims Design Ltd
- All prices quoted are subject to the current VAT rate, with the exception of the planning fees to the council.
- All drawings are subject to structural calculations and building control.
- Party wall act may be required and is the responsibility of the homeowner, we can advise if required.
- Mileage will be charged over a 40miles radius of PE19 and/or GL3 at 45p per mile.
- Payment terms are discussed during the initial visit.
- Standard rate minimum charge 30 minutes.
Design hourly rate
- An estimate of time spent on your project will be given upon site visit, however if it is likely this time estimate will be exceeded we will give notice as early as possible.
- Initial visits are free of charge, however a mileage charge may be incurred if travelling over 40 miles radius of PE19 and/or GL3 at 45p per mile.
- Additional visits or more in depth surveys are charged at our hourly rate.
- Additional charges such as the purchase of OS maps are charged for separately- at cost.
Design and Planning set fees
- The set fee are for householder applications only, full applications are charged at the hourly rate.
- The fee will be confirmed on the initial visit.
- The set fee covers initial visit, basic house survey (to enable planning drawings) and drawings of the existing and proposal as discussed during the visit.
- Alterations will be charged at the hourly rate if different from the original brief.
- Alterations to the planning application once submitted will be charged at the hourly rate.
- Planning withdrawals and re submissions charged at our hourly rate.
- Once the drawings have been approved by the client, we will invoice for our work and the planning fee, only once this is paid we can submit the application to the council.
- Although we endeavour to communicate with the council as much as possible during the application process, we cannot guarantee an application will be approved.
- In some cases the council may need reports for contamination or trees on the property, undertaken by a specialist. This would need to be paid for by the client. We can advise more on the initial visit.
- Structural calculation and building drawings will be quoted for upon request, usually following planning approval.
- We quote for structural calculations and building regulations under the understanding that PWC building inspectors will be used, however we can work alongside the council or other inspectors if preferred.
- Drainage will not be detailed on the building drawings unless a prior visit has been arranged with the builder to discuss preferred options.
- Binney and Sims Ltd do not take responsibility for unforeseen underground conditions such as wells and disused drains etc.
- We assume structural stability is suitable for the proposed works.
- The builder is responsible for checking the site following receipt of building drawing, prior to work commencing.